Monday, November 5, 2012

Bike Cops


Isn't this the most non threatening police bike you've ever seen?  It probably only exists to go for a quick coffee run.

I love the lack of police presence here.  Never have I been woken up by screeching sirens or blue and red lights flashing outside my window.  I never feel intimidated by the police here and I rarely see them.  It's not to say that they don't exist...in fact, there are plenty of police offices and buildings around.  They just aren't out.  Sometimes they direct traffic and help people find stuff they lost.  The only thing I ever see them actually arresting people for is drunk driving at one of their random traffic stops on the weekend.  And I only see that through the window of a taxi.

It's nice to not be fearful of law enforcement.  They actually seem like they are around to serve and protect, not to persecute.

No comments:

Post a Comment